Saturday, March 23, 2013

This Week Pick Ups (It's Saturday now)

Wavves - King of the Beach (2010)

And you're all like, but Carter you're supposed to be into all the HIPSTER SHIT BECAUSE YOU'RE A HIPSTER. Well even a hipster like myself will miss a few things and this is one of them. This is a Lo-Fi/"Beach" Pop album. Nothing crazy, just really fun stuff. Think Blink 182 meets Beach Boys. Alot of catchy, fun..this album is A Bud Lite Lime in your hand and a beach. I also know its "mainstream" now because I read that King of the Beach was in a commerical. And you know, I actually used to be one of those hardcore hipsters (kinda still am) who would always say "I LISTENED TO THEM BEFORE THEY WERE POPULAR" I'm old, so I say retro words like "popular" and "rad", but anyway. I used to be like that, but now I really don't even care unless its a sellout move. I'm looking at you Maroon 5.


Big L - Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous (1995)
A man with a white tee shirt, a jacket, jeans, a white hat and brown shoes is standing during the night. Many people are standing behind him. The artist's name is written in the top right corner and the album name is written across the bottom.

Awful album title spelling aside. I've picked up quite a few 90s Hip Hop albums and I've come to find that it's ranging from "Meh to Ok" with me. I know people swear by 2pac but I wasn't a big fan aside from his singles. And for like a month I LOVED 7 Day Theory which..may have been why I was so depressed...BUT ANYWAY! I'd tell people I wasn't a big 2pac fan and then after they picked up their jaw, I would then say "Don't look at me like that, I'm not a huge Biggie fan either" Fat jokes...Fat joe...MAN these vicodin...ANYWAY! People would just get all butthurt about it. How do you like Jay-Z but not Biggie. How do you like this guy but not 2pac. As if they are the founders of Hip Hop. So I took a week and I snagged some Hip-Hop albums. Before I get into this Big L album let me just say something really quickly.

2pac and Notorious B.I.G. Albums That Matter Power Rankings:
  1. The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready To Die
  2. 2pac - All Eyez On Me
  3. 2pac - Greatest Hits
  4. The Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death
9001. Pac's Life

So can we stop acting like these guys dropped super classics please?
Also I guess this makes me a Bigger fan because I put it first. All 4 of these albums are interchangable. And don't you fucking dare try to tell me that shit like R U Still Down and Until the End Of Time gets alot of plays in your headphones. Save the bullshit.


No comments:

Post a Comment