Monday, March 25, 2013

Lil Wayne ≡ I Am Not Human Being II Review (Track by Track)

1. "IANAHB" 

This song has some good lines but the forced piano isn't mind blowing. 
5/10

2. "Curtains" (featuring Boo)

Oh god Auto-tune...why!? This basically sounds like No Worries. Even the rhyme scheme sounds like the flow on No Worries. This is more of the "I'm Lil Wayne and I'm the shit" Also Boo raps...So...ok 
3/10

3. "Days and Days" (featuring 2 Chainz)

This beat is clubby. And why wouldn't it be? It has 2 Chainz. Insanely bass heavy. "I like math...all I did was add bitches" And other horrible 2Chainz lines. Unfortunealy, when 2Chainz raps the beat gets really muddy. Because it changes, which was weird. 
5/10

4. "Gunwalk" (featuring Gudda Gudda)

Love the beat. Love the background vocal sample of the "Yeah Ho". Chorus is repeated but it's catchy. Lil Wayne brings a nice focused verse. Gudda Gudda actually fits into the track as well. Definitely a great head bobber. I love the added echo of "You speechless" by Wayne too. Great track. It sounds like a classic "Shoot this shit up" song and it reminds me of an old school Tear The Club Up Thugs tune. 
7/10

5. "No Worries" (featuring Detail)

The 2nd single off of the album. So you know it's going to be well produced with some good lines. Another banger/head bobber by Wayne. Catchy, the beat gets a bit wonky again and switches a few times. The beat switching with all of the mixed/unmixed muddy vocals in the backgrounds accompanied by the adlibs really take me out of the song. For some this will be a great song and others it will be in one ear out of the other. 5/10

6. "Back to You" 

Awful intro sample here guys. First off I'm not sure what this beat wants to be. It's a harsh faux "Hard Rock" beat. The song doesn't really explain what it wants to be. I'm not sure whats with rappers and now going from wanting to be NBA players to wanting to be "Rockstars" but it really isn't working. Does anyone want Lil Wayne Rapping slow?  Skip this one.
1/10
7. "Trigger Finger" (featuring Soulja Boy)

A nice mincing beat here. A nice slow rhythmic beat. But the chorus is lazy which can take you out the song. "My trigger finger itching, my trigger finger itching" To me that's not deep or dope it's really just unimaginative.Although this song has some nice lines it. But, umm was anyone asking for a Wayne/Soulja Boy song? Luckily, the Soulja Boy verse is ehhh, I guess you can't have a verse by him without him talking about his "Swag". I can easily hear Royce or The Game on this beat and doing it much better justice.
3/10

8. "Beat the Shit" (featuring Gunplay

More auto-tune in the intro. I can't help but laugh at this chorus. This song is another "Club" song. But, this song should've had 2Chainz on it. Just to give you an idea of what it sounds like. I really hope there's a remix of this song down the line with Wayne, Gunplay, 2Chainz and Waka Flocka. Bass savy, heavy basslines, good lines. So here's to hoping those guys make a remix of this song. 
7/10

9. "Rich as Fuck" (featuring 2 Chainz)

Speaking of 2Chainz. This could be the best beat on the entire album. And you may be wondering, why I'm really only talking about the production of the album...it's Wayne, let's be serious. Anyway, with this you would kind of expect a Rick Ross type of "high class" beat. But this is more of another "Club/Trap" song. While the beat lacks creativity, it does have a good bassline that can be catchy for some. I actually wouldn't mind hearing Mobb Deep.
3/10

10. "Trippy" (featuring Juicy J)

Didn't Juicy J already have Trippy Mane? Oh well, this song draws "influence" from that song/ideal. But, the beat is 100% trap. The song brings the classic 36 Mafia feel for the obvious reasons. These are the beats I wish Wayne rapped over more often. Because his flow and voice feels these beats like a glove. I will have to not a point off though because the snap/snare is a bit harsh for a weed smoker anthem but that's ok. THATS MY TRIPPY KIT, THATS MY TRIPPY KIT! TURNT UP!!
6/10 

11. "Love Me" (featuring Drake and Future)

You know, I'm talking to really enjoy Future's voice. When it's matched with a good beat like this one. And again this is a single. So it's "safe" and properly produced. This song features Drake as well. His voice/flow matches the beat as well. Drake and Future easily take this song ever. This song has the one of the best choruses/hooks on the album if not the best. The song does run its course a bit though. I wouldn't mind a verse by Drake on this beat but it's good smoker song.
6/10

12. "Romance"  

Really need to stop with the lighter and smoking thing. ANYWAY, this song...Is awful and did Wayne still use the "Folgers in your cup" line? A failed attempt of "A Love" song when Wayne spent the past 11 songs describing how he fucks women and the like. Yeah, not buying it especially from Wayne. And this just isn't "hating" the flow is lazy, the hook is awful and so is the beat. NEXT!
0/10

13. "God Bless Amerika"  

Didn't even realize this song started. Because it's one of those The Weeknd type of airy beats. It really sounds like one of his leftovers. So, if you think The Weeknd is "deep" or "sexy" then you may like this track. But, the beat has a bit of a pick up and it's really out of place. Personally, I find The Weeknd boring and stale. You'll either find this beat intriguing or lackluster, for me...GUESS.."God Bless America, this God-less America" Great line, unfortunately there's  not to many of these lines....Oh, and the beat also changes to..it doesn't matter.
1/10

14. "Wowzers" (featuring Trina)

Soulja Boy on the beat huh!?! Alright, let's give it a shot. More piano but this time its a mash of keys. Wayne also beats a line in this song but whatever. It's all the same by this point.  More pussy references...It's just..old now. Trina...oh Trina, I haven't heard much of her in a while but it's still Nann Nigga type stuff so.
1/10

15. "Hello" (featuring Shane Heyl) 

Ok, here we go. Another rock song. Did you like Lil Wayne doing a Metal/Metalcore song? You know what, I hate this song. But the fact that "Urban" kids will hear this and hate it. I love that. Keep it that way. This song is the most generic Metal song I've ever heard in my life. Think Limp Bizkit leftover and that's what this song is. I'm waiting for the tweets of "I LIKE DIS WAYNE, BUT DAT ROCK SONG, I AINT FUCKIN WIT DAT" This song rips of Limp Bizkit's Boiler.
1/10 

16. "Lay It Down" (featuring Nicki Minaj and Cory Gunz)

WTF!?! WHY ARE THEY RAPPING OVER THIS?

 

 4/10

17. "Hot Revolver" (featuring Dre) 

I don't even...Just stop. Just youtube it.

0/10

Wasn't this song released before?

18. "My Homies Still" (featuring Big Sean

Thee. Best. Song and Beat. On the fucking album. Jesus fucking Christ this song is perfect for both Wayne and Big Sean. Add Waka to this on a remix it's golden. Heavy bass, fun, energetic.  I could listen to both of these guys rap over this for hours. I really would love a YMCMB mega mix of this or something. I really hope this song becomes the "Amillie" of the year. And if you know Hip-Hop you know what I mean by that. I really thought this album would be more of this stuff. Clever lines, fun lines, silly lines.
9/10 

Honestly, this will be forgot about in a week or two. It sounds and feels like a mixtape because there is no centered "theme" to this album. It feels like a collections of songs, that Wayne just had left over. So unfortunately, we really don't get a great or even a good album out of this release.
Overall:3/10
 

1 comment:

  1. Hot Revolver came out in like 2008 right around the time Carter III came out. Smh

    ReplyDelete