Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Carter's "Legal" Pickups (3-12-13)








I was on a retro psychedelic kick so I snagged some retro stuff, dig it.

 
The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle.  Um, a really depressing album. But if you're in a b'awwwww why me type of mood I guess it's good. Not even going to link anything, fuck off and google your own depressing shit.







Next up is War - Why Can't We Be Friends (The album you fucking retard fuckbag). This album is really an odd mix bag. There's R&B, Soul, Funk and Instrumental. It's good for when you're in the mood for a little bit of everything. The downside is that it doesn't really fit. If that makes any sense what so ever. The R&B doesn't lead well into the Soul, which doesn't lead well intro the Funk or Instrumental. But, a couple singles from this album Such as Low Rider (yes, that Low Rider) and the album title; Why Can't We Be Friends.


Alright, this one I wasn't expecting to be into, but damn is it good. The Olivia Tremor Control - Explanation II...Amazing Ambient music, great all the way through. Get yourself some good headphones, find this in a high quality kbps, relax and enjoy. Listen


/mu/ made me download it but fuck it. Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea...got damnit guys, this is actually really good. And this isn't the "troll" running gag bullshit. Maybe I "fell for it", you know how we do with the Lil B thing? Or the Tim and Eric Billion Dollar Movie thing? But, I like those things and I really like this. It's Freak-Psych-Folk at its best. I kinda want it to be remastered or find a better quality I guess because my copy is pretty shit but, man it just grabs you in. The only negative is that, some of Jeff's vocals are a bit sharp and make you kinda wince and close your eyes or grit your teeth but other than that, it's really good. Read It Fag LISSSSSSSSTEN PLEASE

The Temptations - All Directions and what a proper title. Because this thing bounces around a few genres of music. A relatively short album too. 8 songs coming in at 34mins with Papa Was A Rolling Stone being the longest at 11 minutes. This album does different genres right. Soul, Funk, Psychedelic Soul. Good quality, solid album, grab your headphones. Read

http://hiphopisdream.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Lil-B-Im-Thraxx-Bootleg.jpg
Lil B-I'm Thraxx...I don't want to talk about it.


Next is (Carlos) Santana - Abraxas..easily the best Hispanic rock album of all time. And this is before Smooth and Maria. This is Oye Coma Va and Black Woman. Nothing more to say here, nothing more to see here, just listen.
 151a cover art
Kishi Bashi - 151a my god the amount of color. I'm just really getting into Animal Collective and I didn't like this my first listen. I felt like "experimental" noise/pop whatever. But, after getting into Animal Collective (kid on RN Surfer I think his name was, you were right about AnCo) It's just chill and fun. Listen



I'll see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment