Monday, December 17, 2012

T.I. - Trouble Man: Heavy is the Head...Review


Here we are...It's that time again...for reviews! Neat! T.I. is back with his new album Trouble Man Heavy Is The Head..because things that go well together are Violent Hip-Hop and Jesus. Now I'm not sure about most people, but I personally think T.I. is at his best and we love him the most for his "Trap-Rap" songs, the heavy bass influenced, shit talking, street and banger songs. And this album has a few of them which is great BUT...it almost gets ruined by these slow "deep" songs, not that all of the deep songs are bad, it's just that T.I. is about as deep as a glass of water. And not that have anything against Pink but can anyone say "OMG IM DIFFERENT BY HAVING PINK ON MY ALBUM AND THIS WILL TOTALLY BE A RADIO SINGLE BECAUSE IM NOT POP FRIENDLY AND PINK IS!" Literally what it comes down to with most rappers is "WELL IS IT AS GOOD AS..." and whatever T.I. album you like that's his "best" this album isn't. It's not better than my favorite T.I. album King. It fits somewhere in-between Paper Tail good and No Mercy bad. So if you're looking for "KING BACK" T.I. you may just want to listen to King Back...by T.I.
...What the fuck was up with those skits at the end of those songs...they didn't even relate to the next song and I mean they had lot of impact but it seemed like a poor attempt at doing what the Kendrick Lamar album did. And yeah, I listened to that album...and no I'm not reviewing because you've heard it already...And if you don't like the Kendrick album...you may not be as "HIP HOP" as you think you are.


Stand Out Song(s): Ball, Sorry, Go Get It, Hello
Overall Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment